This Privacy and Cookies Policy
What information do we collect and what do we do with it?
- To take advantage of some of our services you may be required to login or register. To enable you to do so and continue using the XL Group Applications, we need to collect information about you and your computer. This information includes your name, email address, mailing address, telephone number and employee category to administer our XL Group Applications, and your computer's IP address and browser type to help diagnose problems with our server. The information will be collected when you register, or when you choose to use one of the services available via the XL Group Applications.
- We will use the information which we collect to personalise your experience on the XL Group Applications, to help you login in the future and to continue to use the XL Group Applications, and to help us select services or materials for inclusion on the XL Group Applications which may be of interest to you. We may need to pass your information to third parties who help us to maintain, administer or develop the XL Group Applications but, if so, that information is only given to those third parties for that limited purpose.
- We also may monitor traffic patterns and usage of our XL Group Applications to help us improve our XL Group Applications designs and layout. We may pass this information to our partners or other third parties, but it will not contain any personally identifying information.
- XL Group reserves the right to access and disclose personal data or information to comply with applicable laws, regulations and lawful government requests, to operate its systems properly, or to protect itself or its users.
- XL Group Applications do not retain or share customer credit card information. We utilise a SecurID transaction system to verify and protect your credit card information. Products sold on XL Group Applications accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
Our Privacy Promise
Your privacy and the confidentiality of your personal data are important to us. Information and the analysis of information (other than that described in Clause 2.c. above) are used only to successfully complete the transaction being requested or to enhance your application experience. We understand that gaining and keeping your trust depends upon the security and integrity of our records concerning you. Accordingly, we promise that:
- We will follow strict standards of security and confidentiality to protect any information you share with us or information that we receive about you;
- We will not collect and use information about you and your business other than the minimum amount of information necessary to advise you about and deliver to you excellent service and products and to administer our business;
- We will train our employees to handle information about you or your business in a secure and confidential manner and only permit employees authorised to use such information to have access to such information;
- We will not disclose information about you or your business to any organisation outside XL Group or to third-party service providers unless it is related to XL Group Applications or unless we disclose to you our intent to do so or we are required to do so by law or regulation;
- We will attempt, with your help, to keep our records regarding you and your business complete and accurate, and we will advise you how and where to access your account information (unless prohibited by law or regulation) and how to correct errors or make changes to that information; and
- We will audit and assess our operations, personnel and third-party service providers to assure that your privacy is respected.
You acknowledge and agree that:
- In the course of registering and using these XL Group Applications and any services offered via these XL Group Applications, certain information about you may be captured electronically or otherwise and transmitted to XL Group and, potentially, to any third parties as set out above or to third parties who host our web servers or assist us in maintaining these XL Group Applications; and
- By using these XL Group Applications, you expressly agree to the collection, transfer and use of your information as set out above for the purposes set out in this Policy. For further information on XL Group, its products and the territories in which it operates please visit www.xlgroup.com.
Our Responsibilities . How does XL Group protect user information?
- When you review your account information or enter into transactions, we offer the use of a secure server. The secure server software encrypts the information that you input before it is transmitted to us. To prevent unauthorized access, we follow legally required security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information which you have given to us. This means that sometimes we may ask for proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
- Certain areas of the XL Group Applications where transactions are entered into, reviewed or transmitted are password protected. You can help to preserve your privacy by never sharing your password with anyone else.
- We seek to limit access to information about you strictly to those XL Group employees and broker employees who need to have such information to service your account. We emphasize to such employees the confidential nature of user information and the high level of importance which XL Group places on maintaining this confidentiality. Furthermore, any companies we hire to provide support services must comply with our privacy policies.
What are “cookies” and how do we use them?
- We may conduct analyses of user traffic. These analyses will be performed through the use of IP addresses and cookies which are required to ensure a secure server connection.
- A cookie is a piece of information that is stored on your computer's hard drive by your web browser. On visiting the XL Group Applications, your computer server may use the cookie to guarantee a secure connection. Most browsers accept cookies automatically, but usually you can alter the settings of your browser to prevent automatic acceptance. If you choose not to receive cookies, the XL Group Applications may not function correctly or at all.
Changes to This Policy
We reserve the right to add to or change the terms of this Policy at our sole discretion, without prior notice to you. If we change this Policy, we will post the new Policy on the XL Group Applications, and it will become effective from the time of posting to the XL Group Applications. Please visit this Policy on a regular basis to make sure you have read the latest version and you understand what we do with your information.
Access to Your Personal Information
You may ask for access to any personal information we hold about you. Summary information is available on request. More detailed requests which require archive or other retrieval costs may be subject to our normal professional and disbursement fees.
Your rights to access your personal information are not absolute. We may deny access (i) when denial of access is required or authorised by law; (ii) when granting you access would have an unreasonable impact on another user's privacy; (iii) to protect our rights and property; and (iv) where the request is vexatious or repeats a previous request from the same person.
Updating Your Information
Since we use your personal information to provide services to you, it is important that the information be accurate and up-to-date. If any of your information changes or if the information we hold on you is not accurate, please inform us so that we can make any necessary changes.
If you wish to access, update or correct your personal information please e-mail our Learning Management System Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any queries or problems with regard to this Policy or the uses to which we put your information, please e-mail email@example.com.